Need Broken Spring Repair in Reno, NV?
Our Garage Spring Replacement Experts Can Help!
Locally owned and operated, Elite Garage Door Service provides expert commercial and residential garage door repair services to residents in Reno, NV, and surrounding areas. Our team of highly skilled service technicians install and repair all brands of garage doors and carry all name brands of products and parts as well. One of the most common issues we see is broken garage door springs. Garage door spring repair is usually simple but should always be done by a trained professional. Springs are usually the first part to break or give out among all the components of your garage door. The springs bear a lot of pressure and support the weight of the heavy door. On average, garage door springs have a lifespan of 10,000 cycles of opening and closing the door. If you opened and closed your door twice per day, the springs would ideally last for 14 years. However, regular use of garage doors is around four times per day, so most springs only last for about seven years.
What causes Broken Garage Door Springs?
Poor maintenance, temperature changes, weather conditions, natural wear and tear, and misalignment over time can affect the durability of the springs. Unfortunately, broken springs can make the entire door useless. Not only is this an inconvenience when it occurs, but it can be a safety risk. Other than wear and tear caused by regular use, garage door springs often break due to:
- Improper Installation: An improperly installed spring will have difficulty supporting the door’s weight over time. All the excess weight on the spring can cause it to wear out faster.
- Improper Maintenance: Properly maintaining your garage door and all its parts can extend its lifespan by several years. Our team services all garage door types, and we can maintain your door and its springs on a regular basis.
- Rust: It’s important to keep excess moisture away from the garage door springs and keep them lubricated. Rust will increase the risk of the springs breaking.
How Do I Know if My Spring Needs Replaced?
Broken or malfunctioning springs are the most common garage door repair service we see at Elite Garage Door Service. You should never attempt to change or repair a broken garage door spring on your own. Here are the warning signs that you’re spring needs to be replaced:
- Garage door Opener struggling to open and close door
- The door appears crooked or unlevel
- Cables are loose or hanging
- Damaged top panel where the opener arm attaches
- The door is extremely heavy or impossible to lift manually
Contact Us for a Full Range of Garage Door Services
At Elite Garage Door Service, we can install all brands and types of commercial and residential garage doors, including traditional raised-panel doors, roll-up doors, contemporary doors, and carriage-house doors. We can help you select the best style to fit your home and look at different types of garage door openers to choose from. You can call us for all the following services:
- New spring installation
- Chain replacement
- Broken or bent roller repair
- Track and door alignment
- Preventative door maintenance
- Garage door section replacement
- Cable and hinge replacement
- Motor repair
- Installation of weather seals and insulators
Why Choose Elite Garage Doors for Broken Spring Repair?
Our team of experts is ready to help you find garage door solutions. Whether you want a new residential garage door installed or need our repair services, we’ve got you covered. With more than 20 years of experience working in Northern Nevada, we strive to offer quality services at an affordable price, so our customers get the best without breaking the bank. Call us today to schedule a consultation or get more information about our services!